- People were still talking about that extension that was never offered to John Tavares, and which he never turned down. [Staple on TSN Edmonton | NHL Network video | Encyclopedia]
- Thomas Greiss is a big mountain biker and outdoors guy. Here he is on Outside.TV. [Islanders]
- This morning, the Railers announced that they have signed RW and former Predators pick Wade Murphy.
- Coyotes captain/legend Shane Doan announced his retirement yesterday. Remember, you’re “Not that kind of player” as long as you’re nice to the guys with the microphones after games. [FFH | Sarah on his legacy in the desert | NHL.com]
- Things have been bad with the Avalanche for a long time, judging by how they’ve treated some players on the way out the door. [MHH]
- A Bi-Lingual Visa commercial starring two Sharks and a Bruin. [FTF]
- The rink that was the basis for the War Memorial in Slap Shot will be named after a bank because that’s the way it is now. But what’s gonna happen to the team when the factory shuts down? [AP]
- Taylor Swift, Kanye West, The Los Angeles Kings and the Philadelphia Flyers all collide in a Twitter beef. Must be August in the NHL. [SBN]