It’s a Tuesday. That must mean Macy’s is having a sale.
But seriously, Steve mentioned the stock car (hey, I use old fashioned terminology for ironic effect) painted in Islanders art in yesterday’s bits, with a joke about the lack of crossover fans in the two sports. We heard from several such fans yesterday, however, and let me just say: We heard you, and we hear you.
We know it’s real. It was just an August dog days quip. Personally, my niece is a big NASCAR fan yet doesn’t know nor care about hockey — but that’s because she’s a lesser person, obviously. (I kid. I took her to a playoff clincher a few years back and she had a blast. But she probably remembers which teams played as well as I remember who drives the #43 car.)
- Just an exhibition camp, but Kieffer Bellows’ “rushes up ice were a sight to behold.” [Dub]
- Yesterday Spizz took on Anthony Beauvillier’s delightful goal in his hometown of Montreal. [LHH]
- You know what? New York’s second teams, man. New York Islanders And NYCFC Have A Lot in Common [Eyes on Isles]
I don’t really have an opinion on this. It looks like a baseball game, which could drive any sane person mad (there I go again; last week, golf, yesterday NASCAR, today baseball):
News from the Beyond
- It’s mid-August, so...how about more on Will Butcher? It was the Devil (‘s coach) who got him to take that bargain. [Puck Daddy]
- Maybe Ben Bishop is a perfect fit and bounce-back candidate for the Stars. [Sports Day]
- Maybe training camp PTO Jay McClement is the secret to the Penguins’ latest bottom-six need. [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
- What happened to Anze Kopitar last season? [TSN]
- WHAT IF THE LEAFS DIDN’T DO THAT THING. This time, that thing being desperately trying to avoid looking like the team that missed out on Eric Lindros, and instead missing out on Scott Niedermayer. [Puck Daddy]
- Oh, speaking of which, the Flyers will retire Lindros’ #88. [Broad Street Hockey] I’d say Josh Ho-Sang will wear it next season, but not even Flyers fans are that ridiculous to care...
- The Rangers will reitre Ratelle’s #19. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Ak Bars goalie gives up bad, Toskala-esque goal. [Puck Daddy]