August is almost over, which means September is soon. Many college students are heading back to school, while primary and secondary students in the north get ready to do the same - the poor southerners have probably been back already. For myself, since college is now over, September just means the beginning of the football season and *excitedly* NHL TRAINING CAMPS!
But not yet. Patience, Steven.
- Chris Terreri, long-time Devils netminder (and Isles goalie for two games!), has been named the Goaltending Development Coach, a fancy way of saying he is the goalie coach in Bridgeport. [Islanders | CT Post]
- Michael Fornabaio with a brief blog post that references Terreri's hiring and Chris Lamoriello connection, as well as Colin Markison's departure to the Texas Stars. [Soundin' Off]
- The NBA 2K franchise allows you to pick classic teams to play against each other (e.g. the Magic Johnson Lakers vs. the LeBron James Heat). This article thinks - because it is sentient - that EA Sports should do the same with the NHL. And the '81-'82 Islanders are one of the teams in the sentient article's opinion. [SBN]
- Alex Kerfoot, former Devils property that opted for free agency out of college, has settled on the Avalanche. We were reportedly in his final five, much to the surprise of Arthur Staple. [Mile High Hockey]
Beyond the Blue and Orange
- Connor McDavid had to hold back laughter as he said he wasn't the best player in the league. Okay, I made up the laughing part, but still, much like Shaggy when he sang "It Wasn't Me," it was very much him. [NHL.com]
- The On the Bench duo produce videos teaching hockey skills and their videos feature some NHL players. [NHL.com]
- Fun for the offseason: Down Goes Brown tries to put together starting lineups for different numbers worn throughout the history of the NHL. [Sportsnet]