Light news day today, in terms of quantity.
- Try not to throw your computer out the window when you read this, but what if the Islanders selected Erik Karlsson 9th overall in 2008 instead of Josh Bailey? I can feel the rage in your souls. [Eyes on Isles]
- Enjoy this image of Joshua Ho-Sang as Pitbull. The joke is inside the wrapper.
- The sad news of the weekend: Bryan Murray passed away after his battle with colon cancer. He was 74. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones, as well as the Senators organization. [Silver Seven Sens | Puck Daddy]
- Canadiens backup and one-time Islander Al "Toyota" Montoya has been benefitting from training with his brother in the gym he opened back in his hometown of Glenview in suburban Chicago. [Chicago Tribune]
- In Puck Daddy's continuing Twilight Zone-esque series of What If's, the world ponders what would have happened to the hockey world had the Red Wings not matched Sergei Fedorov's offer sheet from the Hurricanes way back when. [Puck Daddy]
- Pretty crazy and utterly ridiculous that this is something that needs to be typed out in 2017, but the Detroit Red Wings logo was used as a symbol by white supremacists this past weekend in Charlottesville, VA. The Red Wings are reportedly pursuing legal action. [Puck Daddy]