- Stephen Gionta, newly re-signed, stopped by the Schwartz on Sports podcast.
- The Swedish Islander website has posted an interview with Brendan Burke regarding how he got his start in broadcasting. Bend it like Burke-ham. Folks,
- The Sound Tigers have announced a couple preseason dates with the Hartford Wolf Pack - one will be played at Trinity College in Hartford, and the other will be played in Worcester, MA, home of the Islanders new ECHL affiliate. [Sound Tigers]
- The Sound Tigers also oppose the amphitheater announced by Mayor Joe Ganim. The amphitheater would replace the Ballpark at Harbor Yard. [CT Post]
Beyond the Port Jeff Ferry
- The Dallas Stars have become the first pro team in Texas to publicly condemn the bathroom bill that targets transgender folks. [OutSports]
- Dany Heatley (remember him?) just won a lawsuit against his former agent for money lost due to promised real estate investments. [Fear the Fin]
- A sad consequence of the NHL skipping the 2018 Olympics is that we will miss out on a stacked Team USA. Seriously, the roster assembled in this article might be the best one the U.S. could have dressed in its entire history. Though I'd have to think, if the same idiots who were in charge last time were in charge again, they'd find a way to fuck up this roster and bring Justin Abdelkader instead of Phil Kessel again or something.
- The Capitals' home arena is changing names from the Verizon Center to the Capital One Arena. Extremely appropriate, name-wise.
- Down Goes Brown runs down a list of five teams who could be this year's Avalanche. The list is simply the Colorado Avalanche five times. No but really folks, fully expected to see the Islanders pop up on the list, and they were the first team mentioned. [Sportsnet]