- Arthur Staple answers your questions about goalies, line-ups and Tavares, Tavares, Tavares.
- The Islanders ECHL affiliate, the Worcester Railers, have two new defensemen, both from Providence College [Telegram | Railers], and a home on the radio. [Worcester Mag]
- Here’s Andrew Ladd’s appearance on NHL Network:
- The Oilers win the
Olli JokinenJussi Jokinen (jesus christ, I’m an idiot) sweepstakes with a one-year deal. [C&B]
- Your daily Matt Duchene updates: MHH rounds up some reports | BSN Denver does its own mailbag with some harsh criticism of the player’s reputation.
- The Hockey News uses maths to see which teams improved so far this offseason. The Islanders’ place on the list may surprise you (and no, it doesn’t mean a whole lot right now but it’s something).
- “One-way” deals mean a player makes the same money whether he plays in the NHL or the AHL. They’re also an effective way to keep other GMs from taking those players off waivers. [EOTP]
- Wild prospect Kirill Karizov will also head back to the KHL for three years. It’s all the rage these days. [PHT | Star Trib]
- Why the hell did the Maple Leafs give grinder Zach Hyman a partial no-movement clause? Because hockey. [SBN]
- Happy retirement to Rangers defenseman Kevin Klein, who I can no longer make Kevin Kline jokes about. [SBN].
- Like Pepperidge Farm, Dan Girardi Remembers (and is still pretty shocked he got bought out). [PHT | Sporting News]
- Miro Satan is now the Slovakian National Team’s general manager. [IIHF]
- Down Goes Brown wants to bring some Price is Right to the NHL.
What are you doing here? Spider-Man: Homecoming is out, the Castlevania animated series is out on Netflix and a bunch of official Prince videos have been released on YouTube. That’s a lot of entertainment.