- Reminder that Wednesday is arbitration day for the Islanders and Calvin de Haan. Chances are he signs prior to that, but here’s a look at what kind of dough to expect. [Point Blank]
- A few details about the upcoming Belmont RFP through the eyes of the racing industry. Still seems like Monday is the day. [BloodHorse.com]
- Examining the Islanders hit-and-miss (mostly miss) power play speed strategy. [Eyes on Isles]
- Scott Mayfield had some dental work done, but his recovery looks like it’s going easy-peas-y:
9 different procedures (4 wisdom teeth)✔️— Scott Mayfield (@scottmayfield2) July 28, 2017
Two bags of peas ✔️
One shaggy dog ✔️
Harry Potter Marathon✔️
Fun weekend..... (✔️: TBD) pic.twitter.com/lWZ8tsWRSM
- More on new Worcester Railers Woody Hudson and Ben Masella and what coach/GM Jamie Russell thinks about them. [Telegram]
- Former Islanders owner Steve Gluckstern is starting a minor league baseball team in Chicago [Journal-Topics] Uh... good luck with that.
- Ryan Johansen gets an eight-year, $8 million a year extension from the Predators. [OTF]
- The Hockey News’s Front Office Confidence Rankings are out and the Islanders place is... probably appropriate after last season. More interesting are the differences between fan votes and public votes at the bottom.
- Okay, seriously. What’s the hold up on Jagr? [SBN]
- NWHL rosters are expanding, which is good news for more players but is a really interesting development for a few reasons. [The Ice Garden]