Not much in the way of Islanders stuff again, which might not be the worst thing in the world.
- BREAKING: Connor Jones signs a one-year, two way deal. You may remember him from his four game cameo appearance at the end of last season. [Islanders]
- The Worcester Railers have signed a pair of tough St. Lawrence University alums with great Twitter handles.
- Down Goes Brown says no one’s talking about that Tavares contract thing anymore. Must be nice living where he is. [Sportsnet | Encyclopedia Update]
- Speaking of Twitter, here are some social media snaps proving Islanders still exist:
- Andrei Markov will not return to the Canadiens after 57 glorious years with the organization [EOTP]. Replacing him won’t be easy [EOTP].
- Meanwhile, Hobey Baker winner Will Butcher is going to loophole the Avalanche and go UFA on August 15th [BSN Denver]. The Devils could use the services of a good offensive defenseman [NJ.com].
- No, really, Johnny Gaudreau likes Calgary and is in no way trying to Chris Pronger his way to the Flyers. [NHL.com]
- The Wild would like to keep some of their young guns. [NHL.com]
- Coyotes owner talks arena stuff, Shane Doan’s exit and all of the team’s offseason changes. [FFH]