- Spizzwolf brings his Play of the Day (working title) to our front page with a funny, creative look at the first of John Tavares’ many overtime goals. These are gonna be good. [LHH]
- His taste of the NHL didn’t go as anyone had hoped by Mathew Barzal is ready take the next step (with some more guidance from Doug Weight). [NHL.com]
- Suits from Nassau and Suffolk got together for their Bring the Islanders Back Party yesterday. As expected, there was lots of flowery talk about “home,” but little in the way of actual “plans” and “money.” [Newsday | an update to Randi Marshall’s op-ed | Islanders Insight]
- Short time Islander Danton Cole has been named head coach at Michigan State. [USA Hockey]
- Billy Smith had to drop out of a charity golf tournament, so the organizers swapped him out in a one-for-one trade for Butch Goring. [Timmins Press]
- The Lightning got a sweet deal, re-signing Ondrej Palat to a five-year contract worth a little over $5 million a year. [Raw Charge]
- Curtis Lazar hasn’t accomplished much in his NHL career, but the Flames will keep him on a two-year deal. [M&G]
- There might be some conflicting info on the proposed sale of the Hurricanes but Canes Country remains cautiously optimistic.
Some visuals from Islanders Fantasy Camp at Northwell Health. Yup, Eric Boulton is still money on breakaways. Fortunately no brouhahas broke out like in the infamous Cosmo Kramer-Mickey Mantle incident of 1993.