Less than three months until puck drop! That's all I got.
- Brian Compton provides a brief introduction of what to expect from the Isle Seat Podcast, which is scheduled to have its pilot episode in a few days.
- Eyes on Isles says not to worry about John Tavares, as Steven Stamkos did the same thing.
Vaguely Islanders Items
- Andrew Berkshire breaks down how the Connor McDavid extension should rightfully lead to stars and superstars allocating more cap space, including the upcoming contract for Tavares. [VICE Sports]
- The Sabres have named Hockey Canada's Ryan Jankowski director of amateur scouting. He previously served as head scout and assistant general manager for the Isles. [Buffalo News]
- Roland Melanson, back-up to Billy Smith on the last three Cup-winning teams, has been named goaltender coach of the Devils, replacing Chris Terreri. He previously served in this role with the Canadiens and the Canucks, so he gets to work with Cory Schneider again. [NorthJersey.com]
Not Really Islanders Items
- The Capitals see new signee Devante Smith-Pelly as a player with "untapped potential." Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.
- The Leafs have too many players, and not enough cap space to sign Connor Brown. (Offer-sheet, folks?) Someone will have to go. But who? [PPP]
- Pat Falloon, one of the San Jose Sharks first two expansion picks back in 1991 (the other being Ray Whitney), lets the Golden Knights know what it's like to be the face of an expansion franchise in the Sun Belt. [The Hockey News]