Nope. Sorry. Game 5 of the Stanley Cup final is tomorrow night.
- Scott Gomez is taking his first coaching role very seriously and wants to bring a wealth of knowledge to the Islanders. [Puck Daddy]
- A really neat article from the Islanders site about their expansion draft haul on its 45th anniversary. True story: I was going to write a piece about this for the week of this year’s expansion draft, but Cory at the Islanders wrote a better one and saved me a ton of work. Win-win.
- Bill Torrey did a Reddit Q&A because Bill Torrey is awesome. The Islanders and their expansion years weren’t the only thing discussed. Read it. [LHH]
- Victor is Crus-ing Ryd past the Islanders. Later, man. Hope it works out. [LHH]
- Darren Dreger talked with Pat Brisson recently and said things are good between the Islanders, Brisson and his client, John Tavares. [Updated Encyclopedia. Sorry for making you scroll.]
- A bunch of exuberant Predators fans spent a lot of money on a lot of beer after Game 4. [SBN]
- Remember Andrew Barroway? No, he’s not back to buy the Islanders. He still owns the Coyotes and apparently wants to own even more of them. [FFH]
- Everyone look at Auston Matthews’s new tattoo. [The Score]
- It’s been 10 years since Scott Niedermayer and Chris Pronger helped the Ducks win California’s first Stanley Cup. [OC Register]
- Also cool: A look back at the NHL’s first expansion and how each team came to be. [EOTP]