Islanders Mini-Camp continues today, and the annual Blue-and-White Scrimmage is tomorrow night.
- Updates from camp include drills, quotes and a surprise visitor: former goalie and turn-of-the-millennium favorite Fred Brathwaite. [LHH | Photos from the Islanders]
- Kieffer Bellows has his sights set on the NHL, after he plays one year in the WHL. [Islanders]
- Overnight - almost literally - Joshua Ho-Sang became an experienced Islander ready to help the “younger” guys [Newsday]. He’s also prepping to hit the ground running this season [NHL.com]
- One of those younger guys is 2017 pick Logan Cockerill, who is at camp before attending BU in the fall. [Livingston Daily]
- Elliotte Friedman got one more 30 Thoughts in before Free Agent Frenzy and it has more about the Travis Hamonic trade, the value of a draft pick and tons of other stuff.
- Andrew Ladd was on Sirius XM NHL radio to talk about his charity, his first season as an Islander and being coached by his old teammate.
- Oh, yeah. Tavares stuff. Dougie’s got jokes. [Islanders Insight | Tavares Encyclopedia]
- A handy list of the top 25 unrestricted free agents. Expect the Islanders to sign none of them, which might not be the worst thing. [SBN | Top 15 from Sportsnet]
- Wait. The Penguins are looking into Matt Duchene, too? C’mon, man. [Post-Gazette]
- Lots of teams are looking into Alex Radulov, but he won’t come cheap. [EOTP]
- Meanwhile, the Habs just can’t quit Andrei Markov, who has been with Montreal since 1931. [EOTP]
- This year’s big NCAA free agent is Union College’s Spencer Foo and he has chosen to sign with Calgary. [M&G]
- In praise of Marian Hossa, the greatest free agent signing in Chicago history. [SCH]
- Remember Ville Pokka? The Blackhawks have signed him and he finally might get his shot this season. [The Athletic]
- The Kings Director of Amateur Scouting goes super in-depth on all of their 2017 picks. [Mayors Manor]
- Do we need a new way of determining what a good draft pick means? [Leafs Nation]
- An annual SB Nation Tradition: On the Forecheck’s NHL Travel Miles breakdown. The Islanders make out okay, but the champs get the cushiest schedule. Must be nice.
- Finally an answer to the question, “Why does Connor McDavid look like he’s being taken hostage in those airport photos with Oilers fans?” [Puck Daddy]
This man is ready.