I need not explain to you folks what the Islanders expansion plans are. We all know there's a deal in place to lay off coveted players. Thank you to George McPhee for being reasonable. Vegas is gonna have like half the first round of the entry draft.
If you're curious about the rest of the possible moves with the Golden Knights before tonight, check out Bob McKenzie's Twitter. He had a large tweetstorm/news dump around 5:00 a.m. Uncle Bob never quits.
Islanders General News
- Travis Hamonic, likely soon-to-be former Islander, has won the NHL's Foundation Award for his work with children. If he gets traded, I definitely understand it and he should be the trade piece, but I'm gonna miss the hell out of him. [LHH | Travis' humble words after accepting the award]
- The new Adidas uniforms leaked a few hours before the actual reveal by the NHL. The only change to the Islanders uniform was the addition of an extra blue ring on the outer edge of the logo on the road (white) jersey. It's pretty, and thankfully mostly the same.
- A minor stake in the Islanders may be available for sale. And the carousel keeps spinning. [LHH]
- Speaking of "It Never Ends," the Belmont Park redevelopment will be on the agenda for a public hearing in July. [Newsday]
- Hockey Canada named their Development Camp Roster, and Islanders property David Quenneville made the cut.
Isles Roster News
- Ahead of the expansion draft chaos, a new Islanders Anxiety podcast was recorded. I haven't had time to listen yet, but plan to before the reveal tonight. [LHH]
- The Isles seem poised to make a big splash or two once the roster freeze is lifted. Bob McKenzie examines the multiple possibilites. [FanRag]
- Meanwhile, an Oilers MSM reporter indicated that Jordan Eberle coming to Brooklyn is the most likely scenario for him. [Edmonton Journal]
- Elliotte Friedman's pre-expansion draft 30 Thoughts includes some bits about the Islanders and their decisions over the next few days.
Other League News
- Remember Steve Stirling? Blast from the past time: he was hired as a pro scout and NCAA recruiter for the Senators. [NHL.com]
- Once, the Capitals signed a 40 year old financial planner to circumvent the NHL cap rules. [Washington Post]
- The NWHL and Twitter have partnered on "Game of the Week" broadcasts for next season, which is awesome.