Still another off day in the Stanley Cup final, which resumes Saturday. Unfortunately, the Pens are still involved.
- Here’s how it works: Doug Weight gives a basic interview with quite intuitive and completely not newsworthy quotes (e.g. “We have to put John Tavares in position to win.”), and other media run with it as click-bait headline. [e.g. TSN]. FanRag Sports had more transcript and less OMG headline though.
- Dan dutifully updated our Tavares Free Agency (a Year From Now) Encyclopedia.
- Also in that update, Down Goes Brown rundown of 10 stars who could be part of a blockbuster. [Sportsnet]
- Worth a rerun, ‘cause they swept the Oilers: In praise of the 1982-83 Islanders as one of the top 10 teams of all time. [NHL]
- Here are the upcoming deadlines for teams and players (those who have no-move clauses) regarding the expansion draft. Thanks to those who asked for clarification in comments. [LHH]
- Have you done a “Why I’m an Islanders Fan” FanPost? Those who have are setting the bar damned high. [LHH]
- Devils GM Ray Shero on Ilya Kovalchuk’s potential return to the NHL: “He’s [got to] tell us where he wants to play.” [NHL | Sportsnet]
- A look at the drafting that helped build the Penguins and Predators. (And then over here you got Weber for Subban and Jones for Johansen.) [THN]
- However, one of those Preds draftees is Pekka Rinne, who’s...not having a good final. [THN | SBN]
- P.K. Subban guarantees Game 3, yada yada. [NHL]
- Sean Couturier is either great or terrible, according to many divided Flyers fans. [BSH]
- Officially now, the now former Isles ECHL affiliate Missouri Mavericks are the KC Mavericks. I never did make it out for a game. [Mavs]
- The Kings announced Alex Faust will replace longtime legend Bob Miller on their play-by-play. Faust is 28. [JFTC]