Settle in for a few days with a lot of chatter but little action. Until Wednesday, that it.
Oh, and a new Islanders Anxiety will be on the way this week.
- The team’s protection list is in and... confusing. [LHH | Newsday | NY Post]
- The Maven’s take on the Metro Area lists. [MSG Networks]
- But seriously, what’s the deal with Adam Pelech being protected? Something something deal with Las Vegas. This has been updated since last night so take another look if you read it already.
Mostly expansion draft stuff
- Here are the complete lists for all 30 NHL clubs [SBN]. The best and worse cases for each club are pretty hairy. [SBN]
- And you can build your own fantasy Golden Knights here!
- Dems da rules of the expansion draft. [NHL.com]
- The Islanders weren’t the only team with some surprises on their protection list. The Red Wings exposed goalie Petr Mrazek because of some “issues” from last year [WIIM]. The Ducks left both Sami Vatanen and Josh Manson out there, which fuels the idea that, like the Islanders, deals are in place to keep them out of Las Vegas [OC Register]. And the Blues protected face puncher Ryan Reaves (!) instead of forwards like David Perron, Dmitrj Jaskin on Jori Lehtera. [StL GameTime]
- Meanwhile, George McPhee sounds like an old timey gangster, saying each team will have a chance to protect their guys, assuming they’re ready to pony up some tribute to him. [Knights on Ice]
- The NHL and NHLPA made it official: next season’s salary cap will be $75 million, a slight increase over last year’s number. [Sportsnet]
- Okay, one last one: The Edmonton Journal is already prepping Oilers fans for a disappointing return for Jordan Eberle.