It’s Saturday. Game 6 of the final is tomorrow. Go outside.
- Yup. Steve Bernier is back (probably for Bridgeport) on a super cheap two-way deal. [LHH]
- Ladies and gentlemen, the one-and-only Jiggs McDonald. [The Hockey Writers]
- Islanders alumni will gather today for their annual golf outing benefitting Hospice Care Network and the American Liver Foundation. The list is a great one this year, with John Tonelli and perhaps Todd Bertuzzi and Eric Fichaud joining. Eric Fichaud! [Newsday]
- The Islanders are running some kind of contest during a countdown to the draft. Check it out.
- Seriously, these were all amazing. Thanks to everyone who submitted.
Around the NHL
- The Flyers locked up Shane Gostisbehere to a nice long-term extension. He’s real good. [BSH]
- Sportsnet’s John Shannon says it’s too early to think about Seattle as an NHL city, no matter what arena boss Tim Leiweke says. Shannon said yesterday on Twitter that the Belmont RFP could be issued soon, but that was later rebuked by Randy Marshall of Newsday. Hm. Wonder where Shannon got his info from?
- After this year’s champions are added, the topmost rung of the Stanley Cup will be removed. Bye bye, Rocket Richard and Gordie Howe. [The Hockey News]
- YOU DON’T SAY... [SI.com]
- Not hockey: Man, Noah Syndergaard loves him some hot sauce. [SBN]