Happy June, folks. The Penguins once again four-leaf-clovered their way to another win in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Pekka Rinne, of the Predators, ought to win the Conn Smythe for his efforts to help Pittsburgh win the Cup. Now we wait... TWO DAYS????
- More information and reading about the hiring of Scott Gomez as an assistant coach. [Compton with the story | Wright with Gomez's readiness]
- The fifth, sixth, and seventh-best teams in NHL history have been revealed, and the 1982-83 Islanders, the last team to win the Cup, was named the seventh-best all-time. [NHL.com]
- An article so painfully blasphemous it hurts: Bryan Trottier recalls the challenges of repeating as Cup champs... WITH THE PENGUINS?!?!?!?! [Penguins]
- Johnny Boychuk and Cal Clutterbuck have teamed with New Era to design some new hats. [Islanders]
Other Hockey Things
- Kailer Yamamoto, the diminutive but extremely talented prospect the Islanders should select, is up for the NHL Draft diary treatment. [NHL.com]
- Top Blues prospect Tage Thompson, son of Sound Tigers coach Brent, had a successful season in the AHL. [STL Today]
- The Blackhawks may be using Trevor van Riemsdyk as a pawn to get the Golden Knights to take Marcus Kruger's contract off their hands, probably under threat of trading him to a team that can protect him. [SCH]
- The petty Pittsburgh police decided to drop the charges against the catfish dude, thankfully.
- And finally, everything you never wanted to see: Pierre McGuire and Doc Emrick wolfed down a couple of Primanti Bros. sandwiches before Game 2. [Puck Daddy Video | NBCSN Video]