- Anders Lee and alternate captain Brock Nelson are ready to rep the red, white and blue at the World Championships. The first round starts on Friday. [Islanders]
- The NHLPA’s list of players exempt from the expansion draft includes injured guys like Mikhail Grabovski. [Custance Twitter]
- The team’s prospect report is all about Linus Soderstrom and Mathew Barzal.
- Speaking of prospects, here’s video of Worcester, where some of them will be spending some time next season:
- Hey, good news! You can now park at Nassau Coliseum for just $20 if you buy online. Wow what a deal. This is sarcasm. [Newsday]
Won’t Somebody Think of the Sid?
- It’s officially a concussion for the Penguins captain. [Pensburgh]
- If you haven’t read the Rob Rossi “The Capitals conspired at a team meeting to hurt Sidney Crosby” article, you can save time by reading Puck Daddy’s Fire Joe Morgan-style version. Or, even better, read Mary’s in-depth takedown of the whole spoiled Pittsburgh media machine.
- It’s funny how we can all look at the same incident and see completely different things. Warning: May induce 2015 playoff flashbacks. [WaPo]
- Steve on the necessary need to do away with the “intent” aspect of the player safety equation. [The Unbalanced]
- In all seriousness, everybody just wants Crosby to be healthy again. [NHL.com]
Around the league
- Last night’s NHL scores. Nice, one Senators. And the Predators are up 3-1 in the series after a 2-1 win over St. Louis.
- Crosby, Connor McDavid and Brent Burns are your Ted Lindsay Award finalists. [NHL.com]
- Toronto signed still-sorta-young defenseman Nikita Zaitsev to a seven-year contract extension. Yes, it’s excessive. [PPP]
- The Leafs had a very good season because everything that could go wrong didn’t. Imagine that. [PPP]
- A Flyers goalie prospect is going from NCAA to the USHL. [BSH]
- Triple OT games are an exhausting experience for players (and sometimes fans). [PPP]