Happy Saturday. The Stanley Cup final doesn’t start for two more days.
- The somewhat breaking news from last night is that Kieffer Bellows will be leaving BU this season to play for Portland of the WHL. Some good info in the comments by Bollo about what might be behind the move. [LHH]
- And a rare HOT TAKE from me: Seriously, the Islanders need to hire defenseman whisperer Larry Robinson as soon as they can get his signature on a contract.
- Mike Dunham is close to qualifying for the U.S. Open. That’s kind of a big deal. [Newsday]
- I’m not pimping this again because I like the sound of my own words but because A. the responses continue to be great and B. there’s still a contest connected to it. Write up your Why I’m a Fan story in a FanPost and you could win a $500 gift card to Fanatics.com. Go for it.
- The city of Nashville is setting up ways for folks to watch the finals, even without a ticket. That’s awesome. [OTF]
- Meanwhile, the Penguins’ latest golden era continues and Pensburgh runs down their most memorable playoff games.
- Silver Seven reflects on a wild, unexpected run by the Senators.
- Ducks defensemen Hampus Lindholm and Sami Vatanen were very hurt in the playoffs and will be sidelined for months. [OC Register]
- Sounds like the courtship between the Avalanche and the Leafs’ Kyle Dubas is over. [PPP]
- The borough of Queens has a hockey history, too [warning: much Rangers content ahead]. [Queens Chronicle]
- Man, the president of Belarus was pissed about the team’s World Championships performance. [SI.com]
Stan Fischler has a new YouTube channel and his first video is about his friend and a former player, Aldo Guidolin.