This week has been exciting and all, but the Islanders’ job isn’t done. They need to win two more games, starting tonight in New Jersey. I expect a few extra fans from Long Island to be in Newark later.
FIG picks go here. Just for fun at this point, I think. Nikolay Kulemin might be back so keep your eyes open.
Until then, lots of food for thought.
- The Islanders are basically running on pure adrenaline at this point, hoping the pride will carry them. [Newsday]
- So there a few scenarios to watch out for today. In all of them, the Islanders need to win. [Newsday]
- Mike's numbers say that the Islanders have been playing like a playoff team. [LHH]
- Great News: Kyle Okposo is reportedly out of the hospital. [SBN | AP]
- More great news: Mathew Barzal is back, baby. And back to his old tricks, too, scoring a goal and picking up an assist in Seattle's exciting Game 1 win over Everett in the WHL semis. [My Northwest | T-Birds]. And a gif the highlights:
- Bridgeport lost a tough one to Providence last night, 2-1 and are only in the playoffs via win percentage right now. They get a chance at revenge today. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Sound Tigers play-by-play man Alan Fuerhring gives a guided tour of the Bridgeport Fan Experience. [WTNH.com]
Around the NHL
- Last night's NHL score. It was only one but it was a big one. The Lightning are still very much alive after a 4-2 win over the Habs.
- The Maple Leafs aren't sweating the Islanders or Tampa. [NHL.com]
- Prodigal Blue Vladimir Sobotka finally returns to St. Louis and signs on the dotted line. But was the very prolonged dance worth it? [StL Game Time]
- It's been a bad few seasons in Jersey, which would have been inconceivable just a few years ago. [AATJ]
- It's also been a weird, disappointing year in Philly, but talented Travis Konecny isn't discouraged. [CSN Philly]
- I'm not a religious man but in all sincerity god bless the Sedin twins, who won't play anywhere but Vancouver. We'll never see any two players as unique as these again. [NHL.com]
- You know who's not a fan of Trevor Linden? Former Canuck Tiger Williams, who ripped Vancouver's president to shreds on the radio. [TSN.ca]
- Is there a rift growing between Darryl Sutter and hard-playin' Jordan Nolan? Sure sounds like it. [PHT | Kings Insider]
- RIP Dave Gove, former NHLer and hockey coach who passed away from an apparent overdose last week. [N&O]
- Huge congrats to the ladies of Team USA, who beat Canada in overtime to take gold at the IIHF World Championships. It's been an eventful few weeks for the team, but they've shown more than once that they've got what it takes to win just about any fight. [The Ice Garden | The goals | And a gallery of pics]