Happy Sunday. The NHL Lottery is done and the first two picks belong to the Metropolitan Division.
- One of those Metro teams is not, sadly, ours. That could be a problem. [LHH]
- Hey, here’s some good news. Congrats to Linus Soderstrom and HV71 on the SHL championship they won in a 2-1 OT victory on Saturday. We’ll have a little more on the goalie coming up soon. Love the gold helmets they got for winning.
Lottery and League stuff
- First, playoff scores. The Senators are up 2-0 after a double OT win over the Rangers. Jean-Gabriel Pageau is your new temporary favorite player after scoring four (4) times in the game including the OT winner. [SSS | BSB points the finger at the coach]
- Meanwhile, the Caps are down 2-0 to the Penguins after a 6-2 blowout. Things are looking... bad. [Japers | Maybe it was the second puck on the ice that screwed the Caps up]
- Now, the lottery. Those dastardly Devils won it. All About the Jersey is happy. The Flyers will be No. 2 and that’s just fine by Broad Street Hockey.
- But, man, what a bummer for a few teams. The Canucks’ rebuild, which is always on tenuous terms, will begin with a fifth overall pick in a two player draft. [Sportsnet]
- And God help the Avalanche, who will pick fourth, thereby confirming Murphy’s Law is in full control of that franchise. [MHH]
- And how does the Lottery even happen? Sportsnet has a behind-the-scenes look at how the drawing goes down, and the revelation that it sometimes comes down to the slimmest of margins.
- Finally, enjoy Brooksie going to town on The Mike Milbury Travelling Circus.