The first round of the playoffs has less than a week remaining in it, and the Islanders would like to move to the Belmont Racetrack area, hence the horse-themed intro.
- They may want Belmont, but it may not be entirely up to the Islanders, either. [LHH]
- However, Craig Carton is pretty sure that they're gonna end up there. [CBS NY]
- Have you ever wanted to be aggressively mediocre?! Well then I've got just the thing for you!
Around the Hockeysphere
- Last night's NHL scores. The Penguins finished off the Blue Jackets with a 5-2 win in Game 5, and the Chicago Blackhawks have been swept out of the playoffs by the Predators, while the Rangers and Oilers take 3-2 series leads.
- Jonathan Toews scored last night, but needed to be better if they had a chance to come back in the series. [SCH]
- Tim Murray and Dan Bylsma are out in Buffalo, and the Sabres will need to find their replacements (at least Murray's) quickly. To those paying attention, this wasn't a surprise (especially given Jack Eichel's rumored comments).
- Nikita Tyramkin fled the smoldering dumpster fire that is the Vancouver Canucks and signed in the KHL. [Daily Hive | Nucks Misconduct | The Province with reactions]
- Logan Couture's mangled mouth is like a metaphor for the Sharks as a whole. [SBN]
- Should the Coyotes and Dave Tippett part ways? [FFH]
- And finally, the Don Henderson, the linesman in the infmaous incident, is suing Dennis Wideman and the Flames for over $10 million.