I, uh... happy Friday? Happy Friday.
- Doug Weight calls in to a couple shows to discuss officially accepting the job: NHL Now with EJ Hradek and Steve Mears, and Stellick Simmer on Sirius XM NHL.
- Gary Bettman went on the air and threw some cold water on the notion that the Islanders are looking at the Coliseum as anything but temporary. [LHH | Newsday]
- And they should say "no" to the Coliseum: it's time to move on. [IslandersInsight]
- Elliotte Friedman dedicated a radio spot to figuring out where the Islanders go from here.
- Connor Jones' emotional NHL debut is followed up by a playoff push in Bridgeport. [CT Post]
- Anders Lee calls in to the Point Blank Podcast with Brian Compton and Mike Carver.
- Rick DiPietro's ESPN Radio show, Hahn, Humpty, and Canty, received the award for Best On-Air Broadcast Personality/Team from the New York State Broadcasters' Association.
- Last night's NHL scores. Another OT game and road win in the other Game 1's.
- Some random chucko (okay, I) attempt to predict the first round of the playoffs. I'm doing alright so far! [The Unbalanced]
- Hannah Bevis reflects on the Ice Garden's first season as a blog. Thank you Zach Pearce and all the folks who bring us great coverage of women's hockey!
- The Flyers will be in the market for a goalie this summer. [Broad Street Hockey]
- I was really hoping they would go with Cappy, but the Vegas Golden Knights have named Gerard Gallant their first head coach in history. [NHL.com]