Oh, you know. Just the usual quiet Islanders offseason.
Putting on Weight
- Doug Weight will be the Islanders head coach again next season. [LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NHL.com | NY Times
- The coach, GM and owners are on the same page, or so they say [LHH]. And the players are happy about it. [Puck Daddy | NHL.com]
- Yeah, about that GM. How many chances does he get to right his mistakes? [LHH | Cyrgalis says the same thing only better | at least Snow is confident]
- But don't take my word for it. PennSt92 has a fanpost about his feelings on Garth's job.
- Weight was on Sportsnet radio and said he was the right coach for John Tavares' future.
- And The Hockey News supports the move, which makes me nervous.
Other Islanders Stuff
- So the Barclays people want the Islanders to play at Nassau Coliseum again, despite all the reasons why they shouldn't. This will never end. [LHH | Newsday]
- Lots of people bought Tavares jerseys last season. [Newsday]
- There might be an NHL preseason game played in Oshawa and Tavares could be a major reason why. [Durham Region]
- Casey Cizikas is among the NHL players ESPN asked about their scars. Caution: this is a little gross.
- Hockey Buzz plays some very informative Islanders Jeopardy.
- Sound Tigers notes include Christopher Gibson taking shots at practice (phew). Their final two games of the season are Friday and Saturday. [Soundin' Off]
Around the NHL
- Last night’s scores. Playoffs! Already with two OT games.
- We got polls here for the Eastern Conference series. Enjoy them. This is the best time of year.
- The Oilers sold tickets for fans to stand in the Rogers Place concourse, which is just as bad an idea as you think it is. [C&B]
- Coach moves: What's old is new again as Ken Hitchcock reportedly returns to Dallas [DFD | DMN]. And what's new is...uh, new again as Gerard Gallant will be the first coach of the Golden Knights. [LVRJ]
- 30 Thoughts includes Elliotte Friedman's award picks and tons of other info.
- Sabres GM Tim Murray minces no words in describing a disappointing season. [Puck Daddy]
- Mike Futa, who was mentioned on yesterday's Islanders Anxiety, is now officially the Kings' Assistant GM. [Kings]
- The 1930 Chicago Blackhawks staged a Stanley Cup upset for the ages. [GHL]