Nice win last night, including a career moment for the kid Ho-Sang and two valuable points. Get some rest tonight because tomorrow’s game is a 10 pm start in lovely Vancouver.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | C&B
- A night we have all been waiting for since 2014. Congrats, Josh. [LHH]
- More Ho-Sang number stories. Oh good. [NHL.com | TSN video with some Oilers guy and with Ho-Sang | Sportsnet]
- Pick a person on the Islanders bench and there's a good chance this week is a return for somebody somewhere: Old Oiler Jason Chimera was back in Edmonton [Edm. Jour] | So was Doug Weight [Globe n' Mail] | Both guys together in Newsday | Josh Ho-Sang and ex-teammate Connor McDavid reconnect [Newsday] | Andrew Ladd will be back in Calgary tonight to have his Junior career celebrated. [Calgary Sun]
- The Sound Tigers also picked up a key win, thanks mainly to some guy names Jaro Halak. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Bridgeport also signed forward Darren Nowick, who was having a nice season in Missouri. [BST]
- Last night's NHL scores. The Rangers helped the Islanders out, but the Leafs also won.
- It might be too little too late for the Lightning. [Raw Charge]
- It's Leafs-centric but knowing what kind of deals can the Golden Knights make right now opens up all kinds of possibilities. [PPP]
- Travis Yost on what Cup contenders have in common. [TSN.ca]
- The GMs meeting continues and they all decided that the offsides rules are just fine. [Sportsnet]
- Gary Bettman throws down his gloves with Arizona. The Coyotes will not remain in Glendale, per the commish. [KTAR | Sportsnet]
- Congrats to Tage Thompson - son or Brent - on signing his ELC with the Blues. [St. Louis GT]
- Former Islander (and a few other things) Brent Sopel opens up about his dyslexia, depression and dependency. [Players Trib]
- Not hockey: Brooklyn officially welcomes its newest team, the Cosmos, to their new home in Coney Island. [Daily Eagle]
- Olli Jokinen retires, leaving only one player left from his infamous trade from the Islanders still playing. Guess who. [SBN]
Gold as usual.