FIG picks for tonight’s home game against Jersey can be left here. Whatever. I'm going back to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Nothing left to see here.
- Recaps for sadists: LHH | Newsday's recap is just dire, man. | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | BSH
- Doug Weight was not a happy man after the game, saying the game was shit. He's not wrong. [PHT | MSG Video]
- As Johnny Boychuk returns from injury, it appears Mathew Barzal has mononucleosis. Get better, dude. [Newsday]
- Okay, so here's an actual good thing to read about the Islanders. Andrew Berkshire, now of Sportsnet, says John Tavares should be a finalist for the Selke Trophy and he has the numbers to back it up.
- Elite Sports NY Q's and A's with Brendan Burke.
- Taylor Cammarata, drafted by the Islanders out of the University of Minnesota in what feels like 1952, has signed an ATO with the Sound Tigers. [LHH | BSH]
- And congrats to his new teammate Kyle Burroughs on being named the Sound Tigers Man of the Year. [BST]
- Pat LaFontaine was on hand as the Islanders donated $30,000 worth of CCM hockey equipment to Brooklyn kids. [Metro]
- Spend some time with the Islanders dads. They look like fun. [Islanders]
- Anders Lee's Kan Jam fundraiser got some help from some local kids who raised money for it. Kudos, kids. [LI Herald]
- The ribbon cutting for the renovated Nassau Coliseum is today. [Newsday]
Meanwhile, with teams worth watching...
- Last night's NHL scores. It's over, Johnny.
- This Sam Reinhart benching situation in Buffalo is weird. Every coach is weird. [Buffalo News]
- What's with all the little chops to the hands players get these days? [TSN.ca]
- A former Senators exec is suing owner Eugene Melnyk perhaps forgetting that getting money out of Melnyk is nearly impossible. [Puck Daddy]
- Who are the top GM candidates this summer? Asking for a friend... [E$PN IN$IDER$]
- Also for ESPN Insider subscribers, what makes playoff dark horses tick? Might see a lot of bleu, blanc et rouge this spring.
- David Clarkson became a punch line thanks that insane contract but good on him for finding a new purpose as a high school hockey coach. [Puck Daddy]