Quiet game last night, but an important one nonetheless. Now, the much, much tougher half of the back-to-back comes in the form of the Chicago Blackhawks at home. Brace yourselves.
FIG picks go here. Game time is once again 8:30.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | DBD
- The Islanders are good at bouncing back from bad losses because they're like being smacked with dead fish or something. [Newsday]
- This was a cool-ass goal, though. [SBN]
- Okay, look, all joking aside, Ho-Sang wears 66 because he wants to honor Mario Lemieux, not replace him. Tell Pittsburgh fans to cool their jets. [Newsday]
- Elliotte Friedman's post-deadline 30 Thoughts column has a few new bits on the Islanders including interest in Thomas Vanek? I don't want to say Friedman is wrong, but I'm not really buying that. Also, on Lowetide's radio show, Frank Seravalli says the Islanders changed their minds on moving Jaroslav Halak for whatever reason.
- Capitol District Islander says every NHL GM decided to be risk averse at this year's deadline despite having opportunities.
- As many of you heard on the radio feed yesterday afternoon, the Sound Tigers beat the Toronto Marlies thanks to Travis St. Denis's two goals including the OT winner. And it's pronounced "Saint Dennis" and not "San Den-knee" like I assumed. I'm so disappointed. [CT Post]
- Ho-hum, another three assist game for Mathew Barzal in Seattle's 5-4 OT win over Kamloops on Wednesday. [MY Northwest]
- Pics and a recap from the Islanders Casino Night. The photos aren't as awkward as in previous years. Also, disappointing.
- For a year and a half, we have joked about watching an Islanders game from Barclays Center's in-house SUV. Now, thanks to an Islanders and Honda-sponsored contest, you can so just that. [Islanders]
- Last night's NHL scores. The Rangers did the Islanders a favor by beating the Bruins and the Leafs lost to the Kings in OT.
- PETA and the Penguins are arguing about how the actual birds were treated at the Stadium Series game at Heinz Field. [Deadspin]
- Kelly Hrudey hates the trade deadline. [Calgary Sun]
- Christian Hanson writes about his father Dave, NHLer, Slap Shot actor and former GM of the Capital District Islanders, which I had no idea he was. [The Players Trib]
- SNY, home of Islanders Point Blank and a few other blogs, has a fancy new office. [Newsday]
- The Onion doesn't do hockey that often, but when they do, it's gold as always. [The Onion]
The Canadiens gave P.K. Subban a touching video tribute upon his return to Montreal and everyone got emotional, including P.K. himself. I'm pretty sure the only person who doesn't love this guy is Michel Therrien.
Bon retour P.K.! / Welcome back P.K.! pic.twitter.com/PFijB3hsGP— Canadiens Montréal (@CanadiensMTL) March 3, 2017