The Predators come to Brooklyn to take on the Islanders tonight, for the first time this season; tomorrow night, those Preds will be up in Boston to take on the Bruins, our playoff foes. Here's hoping they do the unusual by dropping tonight's game and scorching Boston in a back-to-back.
Leave your First Islanders Goal (FIG) Picks here.
- Let's take a stroll down memory lane and revisit the Garth Snow Era, move by painstaking move. [LHH FanPost]
- The Sound Tigers blew a lead and then lost in overtime to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms to drop five points back of a playoff spot. [Sound Tigers | Soundin' Off | CT Post]
- The T-Birds' playoff experience from last season has helped them jump out to a 2-0 series lead over the Tri-City Americans despite the lack of Mathew Barzal, who was in attendance but in street clothes.
- Linus Soderstrom is enjoying success in Sweden, as well as some comparisons to Lundqvist he says are 'ridiculous.' Also some Google Translate gems in this one, given that it's in Swedish. Dan will have a short article with a little more on Soderstrom coming up soon.
- Enjoy the Weekly Metro Division Snapshot for 3/26. [AATJ]
- Folks, if you have ever seen Expected Goals (xG or xGF%) referenced and knew it had to be something important but you didn't know why, I was the same way for a while. But I summarized briefly what it measures here, so please check it out! [The Unbalanced]
- Last night's NHL scores. Nothing happening with the playoff race, though.
- Clayton Keller, the Coyotes 7th-overall pick from last June and a stud in the making, signed his entry-level contract to join the team right away. [Five for Howling]
- The U.S. women's hockey team remains united, and Allan Walsh says the men are prepared to stand in solidarity with the women at the World Championships. This is awesome. [Second City Hockey]