Last night’s result was not good. Maybe not a final nail, but close to one. Of course, I thought their season was over in December so what do I know? We’ll see if they have one more escape in them. But time is already short.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Cyrgalis on the tired Islanders, who Weight said weren’t tired and who weren’t somber following the loss | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- Nikolay Kulemin is the latest Islanders to go down with injury. [Newsday]
- Jaroslav Halak is back with a new outlook on his career [Newsday]. Also, back-up turned starter Thomas Greiss is the Islanders 2017 Masterton Award nominee. [LHH]
- The goalie juggle will be a little different this time around. Basically, Hard Practicing J-F Berube won't even practice anymore. [NY Post]
- On Hockey Night in Canada, Elliotte Friedman talked about Tavares contract and they way he phrased it didn't sit well with me. [Video | Tavares Encyclopedia. Scroll all the way down for my take.]
- Can't get enough blown chances? The Sound Tigers lost to Hartford to put their playoff hopes in jeopardy. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- The Jones Boys - Connor and Kellen, not Dr. Henry and his son Henry, Jr. aka "Indiana" - are having fun playing in the pros together. [Sportzedge]
- NCAAs: One after that marathon win over North Dakota, Doyle Somerby and the Terriers are done following a 3-2 OT loss to Minnesota-Duluth [SBN CH]. And Taylor Cammarata and Minnesota are done after a loss to Notrea Dame. [SBN CH]
- This is Matt Finn, part of the Michael Grabner trade, scoring a crazy coast-to-coast goal for the Mavericks on Friday. [Puck Daddy]
- Last night’s NHL scores. The Devils are officially eliminated and the sputtering Wild clinched with the Kings loss to the Rangers despite losing again. Also, the Blackhawks lost to the Panthers 7-0. Ouch.
- An ugly hit and a brawl broke out between the Sharks and Predators and our old friend Micheal Haley was in the center of it. [Puck Daddy]
- Brooksie goes all in on Bettman’s Olympic plans and gives a little love to Josh Ho-Sang.
- In that article, he references Eugene Melnyk popping off about that menace to society, Sidney Crosby. [Puck Daddy]
- Would USA Hockey really bring in D-III and rec league players to replace their women's hockey team? Sure looks like it. Just pay them already. [ESPN.com]
- In the Lightning's last game there, Steve Yzerman pays an emotional goodbye to Joe Louis Arena. [Freep]
- If you see a guy in a DC-area Bed Bath and Beyond that looks like Alex Ovechkin, it might actually be Alex Ovechkin. [Russian Machine]
Here's the kid on the loss to the Bruins and the attitude in the locker room.