Good morning folks. I imagine you're brimming after last night's third period comeback at the Garden over the Rangers. I certainly am. In a manner of speaking!
The Fire with the Islanders
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday: Staple on overcoming off night for John Tavares and Albanese on the gutsy win | NHL.com | Islanders | NY Post
- Looks like Ryan Strome, who went down with an apparent right arm/hand injury after a collision with Brady Skjei, may be out a little while:
Weight says outlook on Strome "not great. He won't be with us this weekend and probably longer."— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) March 23, 2017
- VIDEO: Before the game, Tavares and Doug Weight joined to speak in a feature about Joshua Ho-Sang on NBC Sports.
- Mathew Barzal was named the WHL Western Conference Player of the Year - catch some highlights of the Islanders future center, and get ready for his Seattle Thunderbirds first round playoff match-up against the Tri-City Americans by reading about potential sleepers in the series.
- The Bridgeport Sound Tigers made their final visit to Albany before the AHL Devils move to Binghamton [Soundin' Off] and came away with a solid 3-1 road victory. Jaroslav Halak made 27 saves - is that good enough, Garth?
- Shannon is exhausted from the 9-game trip and writes of the Isles deep commitment to each other on and off the ice in light of Anders Lee's Kancer Jam event. [Hogan's Highlights - MSG]
- Doyle Somerby and his Boston University Terriers will be the official home team in their NCAA Tournament First Round game against the North Dakota Fighting Sioux, but the "neutral site" game will take place in Fargo, North Dakota. [SBN College Hockey]
"It was an inferno in there!"
- Last night's NHL scores. The Blue Jackets, who I am coming to hate more and more with each passing day, beat us just this Saturday and then laid down and died against the Maple Leafs last night. Looks like the Bruins may be our biggest foe now.
- Only one of Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts is Islander-related: it expounds on Nick Kypreos's report that they may be extending their lease at Barclays Center.
- This article speculates as to who might be hot after Ben Bishop this summer (spoiler: they believe us to be one of them). [SBN]
- The trade deadline changed some things up in the latest SBN mock draft for 2017, which includes presumed #1 pick Nolan Patrick not going #1.
- The NHL doesn't appear to be going to the Olympics - let's find out why. [Sportsnet]
- The Big Boy himself, Pierre LeBrun, speaks to Duncan Keith regarding the Blackhawks quest for another Stanley Cup. [TSN]
- And finally, Alex Ovechkin is probably the first player to wear custom-made/designed skates ever. Check them out! [Uni Watch]