FIG picks go here. Game time is 8 pm because it’s NBCSN Wednesday Night Rivalry, baby! [Pierre McGuire swings in on a chandelier]
- No offense, Doug, but we've heard these proclamations about playing with fire in big games before. Just have your guys go do it. [Newsday]
- Here's a video about the rivalry from Newsday.
- Weight was on WFAN yesterday afternoon for their monthly 15 minutes of hockey talk.
- Darren Dreger talked about The Tavares Question on TSN's Insider Trading and wants you to know that he knows you're going crazy over this stuff so just back the hell up, okay? [TSN video | and added to the Tavares encyclopedia]
- This got some play yesterday because at least Forbes' writer Mike Ozanian owned up to a mistake. But it's still weird that the subject of Barclays Center's finances are coming up again now. One of our own Mikes, aka I Can See For Isles, had some thoughts about this that he relayed on Twitter in this thread.
- Islanders goalies have helped Ridgewood Savings Bank raise $20,000 for charity. [National Mortgage Professional.com]
- The Sound Tigers ready for the road trip by focusing on special teams. [CT Post | Other BST notes from Michael Fornabaio]
- A quick update on Ilya Sorokin, whose season ended in a kinda wacky way. [LHH]
- Speaking of Islanders goalie prospects playing on other continents:
As for G Linus Soderstrom, who just finished a standout year in the SHL, #Isles may sign him and allow him to remain in Sweden next year.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) March 21, 2017
- Way Back Wednesday: Kevin Weekes was traded to the Islanders before social media was really a thing, so I don't know if anyone knows the crazy, incredible story about his last days in Vancouver that included medical intrigue, coach rage and a damn carjacking. Or did it? [The Stanchion, but click the link the post for the full story]
- Hey. You looking for a job? There's a New York/New Jersey sports career fair at Barclays Center on Saturday before the game against the Bruins. Register here and get a ticket to the game included.
- Last night's NHL scores. The Bruins lost to Ottawa and the Lightning lost to the Coyotes (yup) both in regulation, which helps the Islanders' cause a little. [NYI Skinny on the latest]
- So, like, what happened to the Devils this season? A lot. But they beat the Rangers last night in OT. [NJ.com]
- Pittsburgh's Derrick Pouliot can't catch a break. [NBCSN]
- Gary Bettman says don't book those plane tickets to Korea for the Olympics just yet. [Sportsnet]