Hello and hello. A pleasant Monday morning, wouldn't you say? Nice and bleary.
- After Saturday's game, Anders Lee hosted his Kancer Jam event. NHL.com does a nice piece covering the fun and charitable donation (he raised over $91,000).
- The Sound Tigers feel they were jobbed on a penalty call in the waning minutes of the game to Kane Lafranchise, that allowed the Hershey Bears to score the game-winner and steal the game. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
News from the Beyond
- Last night's NHL scores.The Blue Jackets clinched a playoff spot and Sidney Crosby scored a natural hat trick, assisted by the same two players. Last time that happened for the Penguins: Ryan Malone, assisted by Crosby and Mark Recchi, against who else, but us?
- Video: The Blackhawks were getting killed by the Avalanche, but then Colorado did its thing and allowed the Blackhawks to score 3 in 34 seconds to take the lead away. Chicago would go on to win 6-3. [NHL.com]
- The NCAA Hockey Tournament begins Friday and the dates and times and matchups have been set. [SBN College Hockey]
- Claude Giroux admits he has had a nagging hip issue throughout the season.
- Your Weekly Metropolitan Division Snapshot. [AATJ]
- Congrats to the Buffalo Beauts on winning the Isobel Cup for the NWHL championship, and congrats to Harrison Browne for being the first openly trans athlete to win a professional team championship.