The Islanders are off until Wednesday’s game against the Rangers so they have a few days to digest a week jam-packed with missed opportunities. Maybe it’s a good time to have some time away from the rink. Or not.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Cannon
- In his first fight as an Islander, Andrew Ladd caught Brandon Dubinsky with the old forearm shiver. [Newsday]
- Yesterday was also Anders Lee's Kancer Jam charity event and it looks like a good and lucrative time was had by all. [Islanders pics | News 12 LI video (sub. req.)]
- A little "news" from last night: On Hockey Night in Canada, Nick Kypreos reports that he's heard the Islanders and Barclays are negotiating a temporary agreement (or whatever it would be) for a few more seasons. It's not much (and shouldn't be a surprise) but it's not nothing. [Sportsnet Video. It's towards the end, about the 3:55 mark]
- Bridgeport got a needed 4-1 win over Utica, but Eamon McAdam was in charge. Bad News: Ryan Pulock was hurt (on a hit from Andrey Pedan, of all people) although it might not be serious, according to Brent Thompson. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Looks like Linus Soderstrom has signed an extension with HV-71 of the SEL. We'll have more on this from our friend Zeb from Eyes on the Prize a little later. [HV-71]
- Last night's NHL scores. The Leafs also lost in OT and the Lightning fell in regulation, leaving the Islanders sandwiched between them.
- Get ready for the NCAA Men's Hockey Tournament, and congrats to Penn State for making the dance for the first time in the program's history. [SBN CH]
RIP Chuck Berry, who played Nassau Coliseum in 1972 and 74 for which video doesn't exist, I guess.