Good morning folks. The Islanders currently sit in a playoff spot, very precariously. They'll have a somewhat extended stay at home, with games tonight against the Jets, Saturday against the Blue Jackets, and Wednesday night they'll be at the Garden to take on the Rangers, but they'll be sleeping in their own beds.
They need all the points they can get. Exciting times, folks. But also nerve-wracking. FIGs can go here. Tonight's matchup against the Jets is on MSG+2.
- There doesn't seem to be that much of a learning curve for Josh Ho-Sang; he just seems to get it already. [Islanders]
- Disciplined defensemen such as Oscar Klefbom and our own Nick Leddy deserve praise they have yet to receive. [Sportsnet]
- This week's Point Blank Podcast revisits Jaroslav Halak (who should be here). [SNY.tv]
- Speaking of Halak, he's led the Sound Tigers into a playoff position. That's all fine and dandy, but who gives a damn about the minors? He should be here. [CT Post]
- The Sound Tigers added a depth defensemen from Sacred Heart. A nice local boy. [SoundTigers]
- Mathew Barzal might have (probably does) the mumps. Hmmm.
- Last night's NHL scores.
- The 2018 Winter Classic is almost set for Citi Field. Citi Field, Queens? Surely the Islanders will be a part of it, right? Just kidding, it's Rangers vs. Sabres. [Newsday]
- This is truly amazing and I encourage you all to check it out: @YakovMironov on Twitter decided to put together a March Madness-style bracket for Hockey Tweets, and it's hysterical. Also, you can make selections and donate to charity in the process.
- The Dallas Stars have struggled with the sunk-cost fallacy. [Defending Big D]
- 2017's Hobey Baker Award finalists have been revealed. [SBN College]
- The NHL's concussion protocol failed to protect Corey Crawford; color me shocked. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- The Sabres will be adding a KHL defenseman to their roster. They need alllll the help they can get. [Buffalo News]
- Speaking of the Sabres: Jack Eichel is feeling deflated after his own-goal led to defeat against the Sharks. [NBCSN]
- The NWHL awards have been handed out for 2016-17. [Blueshirt Banter]
- And finally, great praise to the USA Women's Hockey team for boycotting the 2017 World Championship over fair wages; and unsurprising but still disheartening was USA Hockey's ignorant response.