The Islanders actually managed to beat the Hurricanes to pick up two huge points last night. Now they get a day off with the Jets still in the hangar after their Tuesday night game in New Jersey was snowed out.
- Recaps of a big relief: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Canes Country
- You might say the schedule has left the Islanders a little punch drunk. [Deadspin]
- Doug Weight opened the door for a discussion about bringing Jaroslav Halak back from Bridgeport. No guarantees but it's a start. My money is on him not getting a phone call but we'll see what happens. [Newsday | Soundin' Off]
- Weight and Halak both make small cameo appearances in Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts column. Nothing crazy.
- Leboff debuts a new podcast talking with fans of American teams from around the world. Why would a guy from Wales choose the Islanders? Let Jon tell you.
- PS: It's possible a new Islanders Anxiety will be posted tomorrow.
- Not sure who asked him, but Mark Parrish isn't down with Josh Ho-Sang's uniform number. Whatever. [Eyes on Isles]
- Brant Harris isn't a name we've heard often but the Sound Tigers are glad to have the UConn product back from some years in the ECHL. [CT Post]
- Misha Song is set for Cornell but is still aiming for the NHL and the Olympics in his home country. [ESPN]
Around the NHL
- Last night's NHL scores. The Leafs lost big and the Lightning won in OT to pull even with the Islanders in points. Toronto and Tampa will play each other on Thursday night.
- The Penguins signed NCAA free agent Zach Aston-Reese, so get used to probably hating him. [Pensburgh]
- Let's look at the NCAA's best goalies. [Puck Daddy]
- Gonna be honest: I'm not sure how to read this article about talent distribution in hockey but Alex is an Islanders fan and a good dude so check it out. [Hockey-Graphs]