FIG picks go here. There hasn't been any news yet, but check the lineup because there might be changes.
Weight said a couple forwards were banged up -- one was clearly Strome, who took big hit from Biega in 2nd. #Isles may need call-up Sat.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) March 10, 2017
- Take the time today to listen to Arthur Staple's long-awaited appearance on Dimitri Filipov's HockeyPDOCast. It's a in-depth examination of the Islanders' season and roster and includes discussions about Tavares' contract and Staple's job as the team's sole beat writer. You may already know a lot of the info, but to hear it relayed in a fair way for a general audience is great, just like every episode of the show. [I added the Tavares bit to the Contract Encyclopedia if you want to skip to that]
- Staple also writes about Doug Weight putting his trust in kids Anthony Beauvillier and Joshua Ho-Sang. [Newsday]
- The Islanders burst into the Top 10 of Mike's weekly power rankings. [LHH]
- Josh Bailey's excellent season should also be helping your fantasy team. [NHL]
- The Sound Tigers lost 2-1 last night to Utica, who seem to have their number this season. [CT Post]
- A couple of short videos with some proud Islander parents. Love these.
Around the NHL
- Last night's NHL scores. The one game that affects them went the Islanders' way, with the Panthers losing to the Wild. Also, hope you watched the Penguins-Oilers game. It was fun.
- Jakub Voracek wants to go to the Olympics and he tells Bill Daly and company to get their heads out of their asses. [CSN Philly]
- Injuries have destroyed Patrick Sharp's season and made him reflective. [SI.com]
- Congrats on the Oilers going to the playoffs. Now fork over the exorbitant price of playoff tickets. [Edmonton Sun]
- There's a lot of blame to go around in the ongoing Coyotes arena strife. [AZ Sports]
- The evolution of coaching, from shift length to shot blocking. [Globe & Mail]