After that crazy Super Bowl, it’s on to even more important things: an early February hockey game between two non-playoff teams. The Leafs and their media throng invade Brooklyn tonight with two big points on the line.
FIG picks go here. Game time is 7 pm.
While you watching in horror as the Falcons choked away a title
- Doug Weight taking over was a real wake up call for the Islanders, as it was when Weight was a player and the team replaced Scott Gordon with Jack Capuano. [NHL.com]
- John Tavares knows what the Canadian media guys are gonna ask, but he doesn't let them get to him. [Newsday]
- The Islanders had an open practice yesterday and took a bunch of pictures with fans. I give Jon Ledecky a ton of credit for wading into that hornets nest knowing everybody wants him to settle this whole arena thing like yesterday.
- All About The Jersey snapshots a busy week in the Metro Division.
- Parker Wotherspoon is now tied atop the Tri-City Americans all time scoring list among defensemen. [TC Herald]
- Looks like next year's salary cap might be stagnant again. Great. [Puck Daddy]
- St. Louis forward Robby Fabbri is out for the season with a torn knee ligament. [Post-Dispatch]
- Firing Ken Hitchcock isn't enough for some Blues fans that want GM Doug Armstrong gone, too. Man, the parallels between these two clubs are uncanny sometimes. [StL GT]
Here's the Jason Chimera 1,000th game ceremony from Saturday night in case you missed it.