I’m still not cool with what happened last night in Detroit. Yeah, that last goal was a bummer. But three of the preceding four were straight bad defense, which is even more frustrating.
Sigh. In any event, the Islanders are right back at it tonight in Brooklyn against the Hurricanes, who beat Edmonton 2-1 at home last night.
FIG picks go here. Might not want to pick Cal Clutterbuck, who is likely out tonight after leaving the game with an injury.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | WIIM
- Shane Prince and Scott Mayfield sat last night but they shouldn't get too comfortable in the press box. [Newsday]
Jason Chimera came within 27 seconds of scoring the tying goal in his 1,000th game. In any event, his teammates like having him around and congratulate him on his longevity.
#Isles players share their excitement for Chimmer tonight as he plays in his 1000th @NHL game. #LGI pic.twitter.com/GYf5wvXazL— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) February 4, 2017
- No doubt you heard about this Hartford business by now. A lot of places picked up the story but remember: read more than just the headlines. The Islanders issued a short statement last night basically saying, "See you in Brooklyn." [LHH | Newsday]
- Led by Michael Dal Colle and Joshua Ho-Sang on both sides of the ice, the Sound Tigers beat Rochester 3-2 for their eighth straight win. [CT Post | Super info packed Soundin' Off]
- Kudos to the Islanders wives group for volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House of Long Island. [Islanders]
- Last night's NHL scores. Every team the Islanders are battling that played last night picked up points. Not good.
- Hey, we're not the only ones sick of arena stories! The Coyotes and Arizona State University no longer have an agreement to build a new building in Tempe, throwing their status in jeopardy. Again. [AZ Central | CBC | FFH reacts]
- Marc Bergevin turned an ECHLer into an NHL regular without the use of magic, Jedi mind tricks or extra dimensional travel. [EOTP]
- Speaking of minor leagues, the Golden Knights offer a new opportunity for players who got bumped out of the NHL. [The AP]
- The Senators announce their 25th anniversary team, featuring three players that were involved in a certain trade between them and the Islanders. Sorry Bill Muckalt. [Sportsnet]
Mathew Barzal for Upper Deck Trading Cards. Better find a new favorite player, son.
Now you can open up packs of @UpperDeckHockey cards from your computer or phone with #ePack. Want to give it a try, @Barzal_97? pic.twitter.com/6gEKXQ8qiN— NHL (@NHL) February 3, 2017