If you have a life and were out on Saturday night while the Islanders game was on, congratulations. The rest of us get to remember the cannon blasts for the next four days.
While the Islanders are off, the Bruins and Panthers each play twice and the Leafs once. And all of them are in action next Thursday when the Islanders play in Dallas. So the standings are about to get crazy.
Oh, and the trade deadline is on Wednesday.
Other than that, it’s pretty quiet. But a new episode of Islanders Anxiety will be posted later today.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com with harsh words from the Captain | NYI Skinny | The Cannon
- BREAKING (Sort of): Bracken Kearns has been returned to Bridgeport. Thanks for the memories. [BST]
- Injured folks Shane Prince, Cal Clutterbuck and Travis Hamonic will have a hard practice on Monday to determine when they can return to game action. [Newsday]
- Trade deadline lookaheads: Staple tries to read Garth Snow's infamous poker face | Cyrgalis on the Devils and Islanders maybe helping each other I don't know.
- What's worse: losing 7-0 or losing by giving up two goals in 23 seconds? Lucky Islanders fans get to experience both after the Sound Tigers' 4-3 loss to Providence last night. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- But there was also this:
I have no idea how Ho-Sang got this shot to go in but he tied the game at 2 and celebrated accordingly!! pic.twitter.com/b9MINv6BMa— The Sound Tigers (@TheSoundTigers) February 26, 2017
- Mathew Barzal had a very Mathew Barzal game, earning four assists in Seattle's 5-3 win over Kelowna. [My Northwest]
- Kieffer Bellows scored a goal as BU earned a share of the Hockey East title with a 4-1 win over Notre Dame last night. [Go Terriers]
- Last night's NHL scores. The Leafs lost in OT so the evening could have gone slightly worse for the Islanders.
- Yes, there was an outdoor game, in which the Penguins beat the Flyers at Heinz Field. It wasn't exactly a classic but there were live penguins there. [Pensburgh | BSH]
- On the Canadiens and Carey Price's various understudies being under-served by the team's system. [EOTP]
- You want an aggressive forecheck. So says the numbers. [AATJ]
- Remember Andrew Peters? Used to play for the Sabres, was mostly a goon? Well, he's still getting into fights. Except now he's a youth coach and scuffled with a 15-year-old kid. Cue up the Mike Milbury jokes. [Buffalo News]