The Islanders shut out the Habs on the road, are 2-0 on their road trip and are still clinging to a playoff spot (thanks to points percentage) after Boston's 4-1 win in Los Angeles. It’s Friday and it’s going to be 70 degrees today and tomorrow. Now’s a good time for a deep breath.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | EOTP
- Relive Anthony Beauvillier's (and his dad's) great moment again and again. [SBN]
- Doug Weight looks at the bright sides of the Islanders many recent injuries. [Newsday]
- Arthur Staple answers your mail about the trade deadline and... the trade deadline. [Newsday]
- Bracken Kearns' recall means Tanner Fritz gets a new line [Soundin' Off]. Whoever's in, the Sound Tigers have their own playoff push to worry about. [CT Post]
- Parker Wotherspoon scored a goal in Tri-City's win over Portland on Wednesday. [Tri-City Herald]
- King Kullen and Vita Coco Coconut Water want to help you meet John Tavares at an Islanders game. Because Long Island. [King Kullen]
Around the NHL
- Last nights NHL scores. In addition to the Bruins win, the Leafs get a point out of a shootout loss to the Rangers.
- The Penguins traded a second (2nd!) round pick and prospect to the Hurricanes for 82-year old Ron Hainsey. [Pensburgh]
- So apparently Kevin Shattenkirk was all but traded but he didn't want to sign an extension with the receiving team, believed to be the Lightning. [Puck Daddy]
- Travis Yost looks at the ramifications of the Senators maybe trading Curtis Lazar and invokes a name we're very familiar with (and maybe bitter about) around here. [TSN.ca]
- The Coyotes almost had enough votes for a new arena until they didn't. [AZ Central]
- The life of an oft-traded NHL can have it's advantages and disadvantages. Like lots of jerseys for your kids' rooms. [SI.com]
- Imagine being a hockey player who's allergic to ice. This kid at Quinnipiac is living that exact scenario [SBN]. I know a guy who works at a pizzeria who's allergic to flour. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
Great goal, kid. But, beyond that: THE JACKET IS BACK.
We couldn't have written a better story for @titobeauvi21 tonight! #LGI pic.twitter.com/qq3JnsPhOT— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) February 24, 2017