In the meantime...
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | WIIM
- Yeah, so about that "(mostly):" Cal Clutterbuck and Casey Cizikas left the game with injuries. Johnny Boychuk did, too, but he came back because he's a friggin' mad man. [LHH]
- Doug Weight gets the Frans Nielsen Danish Seal of Approval. [Newsday]
- The Michigan-native Islanders coach remembers Joe Louis Arena fondly now, but less so during his St. Louis and Edmonton stints. Also, the picture here is great. [Islanders]
- Darren Dreger thinks the Islanders may have "kicked the tires" on Edmonton's Jordan Eberle, like he was a used Ford Taurus or something. Not much more to go on than that, though. [FanRag]
- Anders Lee is fighting kids cancer with frisbees. Like Tron or Krull only for a cause slightly more important than goofball entertainment. [WFAN]
- TSN's Scott Cullen looks at the Islanders very productive top line and other statistical notes from around the league.
- Joshua Ho-Sang is progressing in all the right ways for the Sound Tigers. He's also reading about investing now so if you need some financial planning help, maybe he can hook you up. [CT Post]
- Tuesday's Sound Tigers notes via Michael Fornabaio and the week's Bridgeport Report.
- Rejoice! I guess. MSG GO will begin streaming Islanders (and Rangers and Devils) games on March 2nd. [Newsday]
- I don't know what these are, but I want them:
- Last night's NHL scores. It's a good thing the Islanders won because they didn't get much help.
- Brooks Laich said he wanted to play for the Cup and not in the AHL. So the Leafs waived his ass. [PPP]
- The Hurricanes traded for Ulf Samuelsson's son, who's name is not, unfortunately, Samuel. [Canes Country]
- Dmitri Filipovic offers his advice to GMs are a trade deadline. [Sportsnet]
- There's an outdoor game this weekend. Flyers-Penguins at Heinz Field. Yeah, I forgot, too. But it's been warm lately. That might suck. But the ice dudes have it covered. [Post-Gazette]
- The Leafs are gonna wear these old Toronto St. Patricks jerseys so they can sell some more Auston Matthews jerseys. [PPP]
- Craig Button's list of best players not in the NHL contains two Islanders prospects. Can you guess them? [TSN]
- Vladimir Tarasenko goes above and beyond to give one young Blues fan an unbelievable birthday present. [SBN]
- Have you ever wanted to see a version of Cash Cab in which Blackhawks great Denis Savard picks up passengers and asks them trivia questions while driving around Chicago? Well, today's your lucky day. [SCH]
Obviously NOT SAFE FOR WORK. Farewell, Joe Louis Arena.