Enjoy your day off if you have it. Also please enjoy the Islanders being just one point out of a playoff spot because their position changes hourly these days.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | AATJ
- It was a rough night for Jean-Francois Berube (and, in fairness, an even rougher one for Keith Kinkaid) but Doug Weight's gonna give him his chances as the push continues. [Newsday | NY Post]
- Make it seven in a row for the Sound Tigers and an even dozen straight wins for Jaroslav Halak after a 5-1 win over Hershey. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- And hey the Missouri Mavericks have also won six straight. [KC Star]
- Everything about this story is a reinforcement of all of the reasons a return to Nassau Coliseum is still an extreme longshot. Also: LOL. [Newsday]
Around the NHL
- Last night's NHL scores. The Islanders didn't get much luck from the teams they're chasing. The Leafs, Flyers and Bruins both won. The Panthers play tonight.
- All About the Jersey snapshots the Metro.
- Could the bye weeks go bye-bye? Teams coming out of them are losing pretty regularly. [Puck Daddy]
- A Swedish newspaper reports that NHL players have cocaine and alcohol problems. [EOTP]
- Being a hockey scout is a rough gig, dude. [NY Times]
This is just absolutely stupid. Watch the whole thing.