And now, it’s off to Ottawa for an afternoon road game. Goddamnit. Time to reach down for more.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny. The Islanders' first period goal now belongs to Anders Lee after a post-game scoring change. | BSH on the inadequacies of the Domino's Pizza app. And the game, too, I guess.
- By the way, check out some sweet, vivid photos from last night in this gallery from photographer Kate Freze [LHH].
- Ottawa guy Alan Quine is getting ready for his first NHL game in his hometown on Saturday. [Newsday]
- The only things Lee loves chewing on more than his mouth guards are the buffalo wings at Bunny's in Edina, MN. He was also a knife salesman for a while. [NHLPA]
- The Sound Tigers are about to become very familiar with the Bruins and Bears. [CT Post | More BST notes via Soundin' Off]
- A $10 charity raffle ticket got a father and son a VIP trip to an Islanders game, a tour of Barclays and Northwell Health, lunch with Lee and some hockey tips from John Tavares among other treats. That's pretty awesome. [Cape Breton Post]
Around the NHL
- Last night's NHL scores. Thanks for nothing, Sharks.
- This unbelievable empty net goal against is a microcosm of how the Stars' season has gone. [SBN]
- The outstanding rookie that nobody's talking about (outside of Calgary) is Matthew Tkachuk. [M&G]
- TSN's Scott Cullen breaks down the Eastern Conference teams at the trade deadline.
- Some extra public transportation is coming to Chicago's United Center. Must be nice to have a municipality working for you... [SCH]
- A Q&A with George McPhee about a bunch of things, specifically the selection of coaches he has to pick from for his Golden Knights. [Puck Daddy]
- Also, Vegas owner Bill Foley has nice words for Jack Capuano. Hmmm... [Review Journal]
- The NHL is collecting research on head injuries because they want to conduct their own studies. Sure... [NY Times]
- Sad news for Andrei Markov, who had a death in the family and has to return to Russia. [Montreal Gazette]
- This weekend is the NWHL All Star Game in Pittsburgh. Get to know the seven Riveters All Stars at BSB.
Doug The Thug is back in Goon 2: Last of The Enforcers. Might want to keep the sound down if you're at work.