- The Islanders’ penalty kill stinks on hot ice these days, so they spent their practice time in Boston working things out. Let’s hope it’s fixed. [Newsday]
- Could Tavares and Barzal be another Crosby and Malkin. I don’t even want to go there yet. But geez... [CBC]
- Penguins and Islanders discuss the agony of hitting the post on a shot. [The Athletic]
- How Bridgeport won that 7-6 win from last week. [CT Post]
- Sound Tigers notes have their first call-up from Worcester - tough guy Yanick Turcotte. Patrick Cullity goes to the Railers.
Around the NHL
- Last night’s NHL’s scores. The Devils lost to the Blue Jackets and one Subban prevailed over another.
- I’ve found this season to be really stressful and All About the Jersey boils down why: The Metro is the worst.
- Don’t look now but the Winnipeg Jets are one of the best teams in the league this year. [Sportsnet]
- Meanwhile, why are the Oilers so bad? [Oilers Nation]
- Looks like the salary cap will rise to at least $78 million, but possibly higher depending on the NHLPA. [TSN]
- Old friend Micheal Haley talks about the role of hockey fighting in 2017 and the legendary Night of Penguins Slaughter. [NY Times]
- Mario Lemieux’s 2000-01 unretirement season was insane. [Sportsnet]
- The Senators Alumni Classic game has a roster of Ottawa players you might remember better from early 90’s EA games. Oh, and one former Sens and Islanders captain [CBC | Sportsnet]