The Islanders won last night but no rest for the victorious: they play the Lightning in Tampa tonight.
Leave your First Islanders Goal picks here.
- The Islanders lost a couple of leads, lost their heads over some iffy calls, and rebounded to take two points via shootout last night. Doug Weight’s post-game comments were entertaining as usual. [LHH | Newsday | NHL | Isles | The Skinny]
- Panthers assistant Jack Capuano fondly remembers his time with the Isles, and more importantly, lets Trocheck know what’s what about the 2016 playoffs. [Newsday | Sun Sentinel]
- Meanwhile, the bidders for the Belmont RFP are down to two, and people increasingly like the Islanders’ chances. [LHH | Newsday]
- We got your power here. Check out Torgo’s latest run down in the power rankings. [LHH]
- Top Isles highlights from November here. Sorry, Couturier. [MSG Video]
Last night’s NHL scores include the Capitals and Flyers each logging regulation wins.
- Movement in Seattle: an MOU for KeyArena redevelopment. Will the NHL soon follow? [Seattle Times]
- Erik Karlsson and Drew Doughty: What will their next contracts be like? [TSN] Will they completely change star contracts? [Sportsnet] Asking for a friend.
- The Sabres looked around for a taker for Matt Moulson’s contract. No takers. He’s on waivers. We reflect. [LHH]
- Moulson’s waiving hits longtime friend Kyle Okposo and recent tenant Jack Eichel hard. [Buffalo News]
- The Sabres also made a minor move with Detroit. [DBTB]
- 16-year-old goalie stops 100 saves, loses 5-0. [SB Nation]