As the NHL's Christmas break ends, Mike and Dan discuss the Islanders issues in goal and some possible hopes for the rest of the season. But they save most of their energy for their high hopes for an arena at Belmont Park, which the team has won the right to build. Ideas include a statue of John Tavares on a horse, an Islanders Hall of Fame and a speaking engagement featuring Rob Davison and Vesa Toskala.
Closing Song: "Meet Me at the Lighthouse."
- Our entire Belmont thread can be read here.
- The Hockey News on the Islanders privately funding the project.
- Charles Wang getting praise for his role in the Belmont deal. This isn’t the one I was looking for, but I can’t find the one with Ledecky’s quotes.
- Arthur Staple on the limited outside options to help the goaltending.
- If you’ve never seen or somehow forgot the legendary Rob Davison-Vesa Toskala incident, here it is again:
Please subscribe, download, rate, review or spread the word as best you can. All of it helps to raise the show's profile and maybe could get us a fancy sponsor to sell out to in the near future. And if you give us an iTunes review, leave us message on Sound Cloud, write a comment here or even send us a tweet, we might just read it on our next show.
Theme Song: "Sports" by Josh Spacek, available at the FreeMusicArchive.org.
You can subscribe to Islanders Anxiety in any podcast app using our RSS feed: https://feed.pippa.io/public/shows/islandersanxiety
Our Soundcloud page: soundcloud.com/lighthouse-hockey
Also available at: