Everything comes to an end. Four game winning streaks, home regulation winning streaks, losing streaks, goal droughts. Time to start a new winning streak, beginning Monday night in Sunrise.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | SIlver Seven
- Doug Weight rotated goalies and, uh, it didn’t work out. FWIW I didn’t have a problem with Greiss starting but man oh man was that a stinker for him. [Newsday]
- Islanders Insights on a wacky game.
- Yes, you’ll need to pay for a subscription. But works like this from The Athletic make it worth it. Mathew Barzal gets the feature treatment and talks as eloquently and assertively as he plays:
Barzal knew he didn’t impress everyone in his pre-draft interviews but felt it was important to stay true to himself.
“I didn’t want to give generic answers,” Barzal said. “If a team asked me if I was better than somebody in my draft year, what am I supposed to say? `No, take the other guy’ So, some people may take that as cocky but I think that’s just me being honest and being myself.’’
- Wednesday will be another Garik Statcast, this time with special guest Carey Haber. [LHH]
- Looking at Nick Leddy’s strong season so far. [FanRag Sports]
- Tanner Fritz had five points and the game-winner in Bridgeport’s crazy 7-6 OT win at Utica last night. [BST | CT Post]
- In the only normal organizational score of the evening, the Railers lost 2-1 in OT to Adirondack. [Telegram]
- Justin Hamonic (no relation to Travis, although they’re both from Manitoba) makes a big move east. [Telegram]
- 2016 draft choice Ben Mirageas makes a home for himself at Providence College. [Newbury Port News]
- Trottier, LaFontaine and Daneyko talk about what they like and what they would change about the game. [ESPN]
- Last night’s NHL scores. A high-scoring night (for everybody but the Sabres).
- The Islanders are on this list of greatest Penguins rivalries, but one of them is for old timers only. [Post-Gazette]
- Corey Crawford was placed on IR and J-F Berube was recalled to Chicago from Rockford. He might start on Sunday. Er... good luck with that. [SCH]
Anders Lee was mic’d up for the game and although he didn’t provide the conversational comedy stylings of Casey Cizikas, he did score twice and coin the phrase, “Chim City.”