Late Bits today but I had a good excuse: I went to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi. It was good. It’s also Sunday and there are no Metro Division games on the schedule so it’s a good day to enjoy some hockey.
The Islanders’ next game is Tuesday versus Detroit.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- Arthur Staple reports that an answer on the Belmont Park RFP could be made, “possibly before the calendar flips to 2018.” That will have a great impact on John Tavares among many others.
- And a bonus Skinny about Islanders teammates hitting the 40-point mark.
- I mean, if we’re counting Anthony Beauvillier than yeah, I guess. But the rest of that unit ain’t so young. [NY Post]
- Could this be an All Star season for Josh Bailey? Wow. [The Hockey News]
- Sebastian Aho’s OT goal gave the Sound Tigers a 3-2 win over the Baby Pens. [BST | Soundin’ Off]
- The Railers won 5-1 over Adirondac. Patrick McNally is having some kind of weekend. [Telegram]
- Last night’s NHL scores. Everybody in the Metro won except for Columbus who were playing Carolina.
- Everyone sat outside in the freezing cold to watch the Sens shutout the Habs 3-0 in a CFL Stadium. [Silver Seven]
- I don’t know if it was the game or the frostbite, but the conversation on the Senators radio broadcast got a little wild. [Deadspin]
- How your hockey related revenue sausage is made. I think. [Canucks Army]
- The giant octopus from Joe Louis Arena sold for over $7,000. Hope somebody’s got a nice, big attic. [Freep]
- The Hamonics have introduced a new charity program that will benefit Indigenous children from the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon. [Flames]