Also, be on the lookout for a new Islanders Anxiety.
- The big news today: the Islanders, as well as NYCFC, unveiled their proposed plans for Belmont Park at the listening session at Elmont Memorial High School yesterday afternoon. If you are stuck behind the paywall for the Newsday article, check out Jim Baumbach’s Twitter feed for some details. [Newsday | LHH]
- Thomas Hickey was placed on IR yesterday; unclear if it had anything to do with David Backes’ douchebaggery, but it’s a fair bet. Also, Shane Prince was activated from IR and sent to Bridgeport. [LHH]
- Mathew Barzal and Jordan Eberle are an excellent duo that look like a match made in heaven. They also have heavenly backhands. [Islanders]
- The Sound Tigers suffered a home loss to Rochester yesterday. Coach Brent Thompson questioned their compete level. [Soundin’ Off | CT Post | Sound Tigers]
- The Railers suffered a road loss in Brampton yesterday, in the shootout. Chris Langkow, of Worcester, scored twice in the losing effort. [Telegram | Railers]
- Last night’s NHL scores. Hockey was played.
- The Senators reportedly asked for all no-trade lists, including that of Erik Karlsson. Shocker: Eugene Melnyk is apparently upset that Karlsson doesn’t want a hometown discount and went public about it. [SBN]
- In more shocking news, Blues forward Jaden Schwartz has found himself on IR again. Poor dude always gets seriously hurt when he’s having a hot season. [SLGT]
- In this edition of the Weekly Metro Division Snapshot, the Blue Jackets are in first, the Islanders are in fourth trailing by four points with a game in hand, every team in the division is separated by 10 points, and the top six separated by five. Fun, but scary. [AATJ]