Sorry this is a little late. I tried to get it out earlier but the Bruins kept blocking me.
The Islanders return home for a game against the Capitals tomorrow. Their next week is as packed as their last one, with the difference being they’re at home for the majority of it. Let’s hope some Brooklyn magic can work for them.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | SCOC
- Not sure why anyone would have expected anything else but here it is. Expecting the DOPS to act on anything is a fool’s errand:
No hearing scheduled for Brad Marchand, according to NHL.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) December 10, 2017
- Johnny Boychuk missed last night’s game but could be back tomorrow. [Newsday]
- Mathew Barzal may be captivating the NHL, but in the Islanders locker room, he’s still a rookie. A fascinating look into the team dynamic from Arthur Staple.
- Don Cherry loves him some Mat Barzal (starting around 2:54). [Sportsnet]
- Today is, of course, the big (but not really) Belmont development meeting at Elmont Memorial High School. Plans are expected to be shown by both the Islanders and NYCFC, but it doesn’t sound like fireworks are planned. If you go, behave. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers dropped a game to Springfield last night. [CT Post | Soundin’ Off]
- The Maven sits down with “18” Ed Westfall who can still spin a yarn like he did on TV all those years. [MSG Networks]
- NHL scores. Packed night for the Metro with the wins coming for the Blue Jackets and Rangers.
- David Leggio is up to his old tricks again, using the net to his advantage. [PHT]
- A guy who works at a vending machine company got to suit up as the Blues’ back-up goalie. [NHL.com]
Travis Hamonic was the guest on HNIC’s After Hours and, as usual, had nothing but great things to say about the Islanders, no matter how hard Scott Oake, Louie DeBrusk and various random tweeters try to get him to bury them. Guys, it’s just a train ride, not a trek up Mount Doom. Warning: things get emotional and somewhat uncomfortable.